Rhino RC Rubber Maintenance Instructions
Proper protection and maintenance of Rhino RC Recycled Rubber post-installation should be specified by the architect/designer. Rhino RC Recycled Rubber products are not pre-coated with a factory finish; therefore, they should not be subject to construction debris and potential damage caused from heavy duty construction activities.
The specifier should include specification details to protect the floor post-installation and until job construction is complete, such as covering the entire floor with paper or other floor covering device (plastic, plywood, etc.) until construction is completed and thorough cleaning and maintenance can be implemented.
A. Initial Cleaning
- Remove all surface soil, debris, sand and grit by sweeping, dust mopping or vacuuming with a high CFM vacuum. For large areas, use auto scrubbers to clean floors.
- Scrub floor with a neutral (pH 7-8.5) detergent, such as TASKI (or similar) r50 or Triboclean cleaner (6-8 oz/gal of water), using buffer or auto scrubber with TASKI (or similar) contact pad or soft nylon brush. Avoid flooding the floor.
- Pick up solution with a wet vacuum, rinse with clean water and allow o dry thoroughly (6-8 hours).
B. Daily/Regular Cleaning
- Sweep, dust mop or vacuum floor to remove surface soil, debris, sand and grit.
- Mop with a lint free mop head and TASKI (or similar) r50, Triboclean (2 oz/gal of water) or an equivalent pH neutral cleaner.
C. Restorative Maintenance
- Sweep or vacuum floor thoroughly.
- Heavy scrub floor with Triboclean (4 oz/gal of water). This cleaning may be performed with an auto scrubber or rotary scrubber (TASKI (or similar) purple pad).
- Vacuum soiled solution with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Pick up solution with wet vacuum.
- Allow floor to thoroughly dry.
D. Heavy Soil
- Remove as much surface soil, debris, sand and grit as possible by sweeping, dust mopping or vacuuming.
- Scrub floor with a neutral (pH 7-8.5) detergent, such as Triboclean, at higher concentrations (e.g. 10 oz or more per gallon of water), using a buffer or auto scrubber with a TASKI (or similar) mint pad, TASKI (or similar) black pad.
- Pick up solution with a wet vacuum, rinse with clean water and allow to dry thoroughly (6-8 hours).
- Use only floor sealers and maintenance products recommended by the flooring manufacturer.
- Use of a non-recommended coating or sealer may adversely affect the static dissipative properties of the material and will void the warranty.
For questions or assistance, please contact ESDTile.com Customer Service at (617) 923-2000, Monday-Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST.