Maintenance Benefits of Staticworx®
If certain static control floor coverings aren't cleaned and cared for properly, their electrostatic properties become compromised.
This may be due to:
- Waxes on the floorcovering surface
- Retained contamination from dirt and grime.
- Residues from oily dry mops
- Floor surface loses conductivity and becomes insulative
- Floor no longer meets ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007
- Workers and material handling carts will no longer be grounded through the ESD floor
- ESD sensitive electronic parts become vulnerable
Staticworx® EC rubber with STAINBLOCK surface
The extremely dense surface of EC rubber isn't porous like VCT and SDT. That's why EC rubber doesn't require wax or polish. Pores trap dirt - Porous floors like VCT and SDT need waxes to seal their surface. Without waxes or sealers, the appearance of VCT looks dull and dirty. See the comparison below.
Since rubber does not have to be coated in the first place, there's no chance that the wrong wax or polish will ever be used. That means there will never be any reduction in performance. And because EC rubber is a wax-free ESD tile; there will never be any yellowing from degradeing floor finishes.
Ideal electrical range for static control flooring
The surface of Staticworx® EC Rubber
|Large dirt collecting pores in VCT Floor
Tile Magnified 100:1
EC rubber can be cleaned with nothing more than mild detergents and a low speed single disc buffer