Patterns, Solids, Cubic, Furrows, Chenille Warp
Attention Specifiers: ShadowFX™ SDC addresses all flooring needs with one product. No more worries about static dissipative versus conductive. For more information click here.
CRI Green Label Plus certified
Green Label Plus Certified #GLP0820
Green Label Plus: Setting A Higher Standard for Indoor Air Quality
Currently, there is a growing demand for "green-friendly" products and the need to make indoor environments as healthy as possible. Choosing the right materials is an essential step in this effort. Green Label Plus was established to help in this process.
Carpets identified with very low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) by an independent testing program are awarded the Green Label Plus designation. This program is an enhancement of the Carpet and Rug Institutes' Green Label Carpet Testing Program and establishes the highest standard for indoor air quality (IAQ) ever set by the carpet industry.
Green Label ensures customers they are purchasing among the lowest emitting carpet, adhesive and cushion products on the market.
- Green Label Plus is designed for architects, builders, specifiers and facility managers who want assurances that carpet and adhesive products meet the most stringent criteria for low chemical emissions.
- Green Label Plus represents the fourth time the carpet industry has voluntarily enhanced the IAQ standard for its products.
Meets California's CHPS Criteria
Green Label Plus meets, and even exceeds, California's indoor quality standards for low emitting products used in commercial settings such as schools and office buildings.
- Working in cooperation with California's Sustainable Building Task Force and the Department of Health Services, Indoor Air Quality Section, the carpet industry voluntarily enhanced its Green Label program for carpet and adhesives to meet testing protocols used by the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS).
- Under the agreement between CRI and the California agencies, Green Label Plus is acceptable in lieu of Section 01350, the CHPS low-emitting materials criteria for use in schools.
- Commercial carpet and adhesives that meet the criteria for Green Label Plus are listed on both the CRI and CHPS websites.
To receive Green Label Plus certification, carpet and adhesive products must undergo a 14-day testing process, as required by Section 01350 guidelines, that measures emissions for a range of chemicals and is administered by an independent laboratory. The test methodology for small scale environmental chamber testing was developed in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Carpet products are tested for emission levels for seven chemicals as required by Section 01350, plus six additional chemicals.
- Subsequent annual, semi-annual, and quarterly testing of certified carpet and adhesive products is based on 24-hour chamber testing for targeted chemicals and the total level of volatile organic compounds (TVOC).
- Green Label Plus expands on Section 01350 in several respects, including annual tests for the specific chemicals, a chain of custody process and an annual audit of the testing laboratory.
The CRI Indoor Air Quality Green Label Plus indicates:
- The manufacturer voluntarily participates in the program and is identified by an assigned number on the certification label.
- The manufacturer is committed to developing ways to minimize any adverse effects on indoor air quality.
- A representative sample of the product type is tested by an independent laboratory and meets the established emissions requirements.
For more information about the Carpet and Rug Institute or their Green Label program, click on this link.
- Contributes toward credits for satisfying the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED® Green Building Rating System™ including:
- LEED Materials and Resources: Recycled Content Credit 4
- LEED Materials and Resources: Local/Regional Materials (Contact us for more specific information)
- LEED Indoor Environmental Quality: Low Emitting Materials, Flooring Systems Credit 4.3. carpet, cushion & adhesive need to meet CRI Green Label Plus: Carpet certification #GLP0820, recommended adhesives contain zero VOCs
Other "green" qualities of this ESD carpet tile that go beyond LEED include:
- Recyclable Packaging
- Eco-friendly Manufacturing Methods
- High Performance and durability
- Replaceable modular tiles
- Corporate commitment to sustainability
- Third party certifications including NSF 140 Sustainability Assessment for Carpet